hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vimal Sharma <visha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Column lineage not set in HiveHook
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 07:44:52 GMT
Hi all,
I am trying to access the column lineage information from Hive Hook.
I am getting the lineage information from HookContext :

lInfo = hookContext.getLinfo()

But, when I try to access the Dependency in lInfo, it is null. Below is the sample code:

        for(Map.Entry<LineageInfo.DependencyKey, LineageInfo.Dependency> e : lInfo.entrySet())
{
            System.out.println("Col Lineage Key : " + e.getKey());
            System.out.println("Col Lineage Value: " + e.getValue());

I have updated my comment on a related JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-13112.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions in this issue.

Thanks

Vimal