hive-dev mailing list archives

From calvin hung <calvinh...@wasaitech.com>
Subject Re: YourKit open source license
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 09:47:37 GMT
Hi Rui,

This is what I get from sales@yourkit.com

"We provide free licenses only to project committers. If you have no commit power, you can
ask Apache

people to request license for you; or use evaluation license."

Is it possible any committer could help?

Seems that I can only use evaluation license for now.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Calvin

---- On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:03:37 +0800 Rui Li &lt;lirui.fudan@gmail.com&gt;wrote
----

Our wiki doesn't mention it's only for committers. Anyway I suggest you

contact YourKit sales to figure out.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:38 PM, calvin hung &lt;calvinhung@wasaitech.com&gt;

wrote:

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; Thanks for your response, Rui.

&gt;

&gt; I don't have an apache email account.

&gt;

&gt; It looks like only committer can get an email account according to this

&gt; page http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html

&gt;

&gt; Does it mean that only Hive committers can get YourKit free licenses for

&gt; Hive performance profiling?

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; ---- On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:33:34 +0800 Rui Li &amp;lt;lirui.fudan@gmail.com

&gt; &amp;gt;wrote ----

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; If I remember correctly, I just contacted the sales of Yourkit and they

&gt;

&gt; sent me the license by email. You'd better send your email using your

&gt;

&gt; apache email account, in order to convince them you're a developer of Hive.

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:51 AM, calvin hung &amp;lt;calvinhung@wasaitech.com&amp;

&gt; gt;

&gt;

&gt; wrote:

&gt;

&gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Hi Rui and Alan,

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Could you or any nice guy share more detail steps of getting a Yourkit

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; license for Hive?

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; I've searched the full Hive dev mail archive but got no exact steps

&gt; to get

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; one.

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Thanks!

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Calvin

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; From: "Li, Rui"&amp;lt;rui.li@intel.com&amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 01:22:51 +0000

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; To: "dev@hive.apache.org"&amp;lt;dev@hive.apache.org&amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; ------------------------- Contents -------------------------

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Thanks Alan! But I don’t see Hive in the sponsored open source project

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; list. I’ll contact them anyway.

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Cheers,

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Rui Li

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; From: Alan Gates [mailto:alanfgates@gmail.com]

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:02 AM

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; To: dev@hive.apache.org

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Subject: Re: YourKit open source license

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Seehttps://www.yourkit.com/customers/.

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Alan.

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Li, Rui

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; March 30, 2015 at 0:54

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; Hi guys,

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; I want to use YourKit to profile hive performance. According to the

&gt; wiki&amp;lt;

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Performance&amp;gt;

&gt; hive has

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; been granted open source license. Could anybody tell me how I can get

&gt; the

&gt;

&gt; &amp;gt; license? Thanks!

&gt;