hive-dev mailing list archives

From Venkata Penikalapati <mail.venkatakart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with hive's explode function.
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 04:57:16 GMT
Hi Karan,
Your problem looks interesting, let me know more details will try to look into.

ThanksVenkata Karthik P

		_____________________________
From: Karan Verma (Tech - BLR) <karan.verma@flipkart.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:45 PM
Subject: Need help with hive's explode function.
To:  <dev@hive.apache.org>

Hi,

I'm working on writing a custom Map Reduce job, which mimics a hive query.
This query works on JSON type data and there are multiple nested lists,
which are exploded. I have been struggling with writing an Exploder class
which is very specific to the data. I just can't seem to get the number of
outputs correct. I'll mail you the details, just let me know,  if you'd be
willing to help me on this.

Thanks,
Karan.