hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sushanth Sowmyan <khorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 2.1.0 Release Candidate 2
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:47:04 GMT
Without HIVE-14020, I'm afraid people will not be able to upgrade the
hive metastore from an earlier version of hive to 2.1 if they use
Oracle as a backing db.

There are workarounds, in that the sql script is easily fixed, but
since we're still in the process of voting a RC, I think this is a big
enough problem that we should roll out a new RC. I think I'm a -0 on
this.