hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Becoming a contributor
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 00:07:20 GMT
You’ve been added, so you should now be able to assign JIRAs to yourself.

Alan.

> On May 18, 2016, at 13:38, Vihang Karajgaonkar <vihang@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Alan! My JIRA id is vihangk1
>
> -Vihang
>
>> On May 18, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Alan Gates <alanfgates@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nope, you’re good.  You can ignore the stuff about review board as we generally
only use that now for large and complex patches.  If you have a JIRA in mind you’d like
to work on that no one else has you can assign it to yourself* and get started.  If someone
else is working on it you should coordinate via comments on that JIRA to see if there’s
a way you can help.

>> Welcome to the team.
>>
>> Alan.
>>
>> *You probably can’t assign JIRAs to yourself yet, but if you reply to this email
with your JIRA id I’ll make it so you can.

>> Alan.
>>
>>> On May 18, 2016, at 11:42, Vihang Karajgaonkar <vihang@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I would like to start working on issues reported on Hive in JIRA. I followed
the steps mentioned in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-BecomingaContributor
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-BecomingaContributor>.
Is there anything else that I need to do to get added as a contributor?