hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vihang Karajgaonkar <>
Subject Re: Becoming a contributor
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 20:38:30 GMT
Thanks Alan! My JIRA id is vihangk1

> On May 18, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Alan Gates <> wrote:
> Nope, you’re good.  You can ignore the stuff about review board as we generally only
use that now for large and complex patches.  If you have a JIRA in mind you’d like to work
on that no one else has you can assign it to yourself* and get started.  If someone else is
working on it you should coordinate via comments on that JIRA to see if there’s a way you
can help.
> Welcome to the team.
> Alan.
> *You probably can’t assign JIRAs to yourself yet, but if you reply to this email with
your JIRA id I’ll make it so you can.
> Alan.
>> On May 18, 2016, at 11:42, Vihang Karajgaonkar <> wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>> I would like to start working on issues reported on Hive in JIRA. I followed the
steps mentioned in
Is there anything else that I need to do to get added as a contributor?