hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sahir Ahmed <sahir.ah...@truecaller.com>
Subject SV: Tajo - hive ORC issue
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:15:42 GMT
Thanks for the reply guys I'll have a look, also does tajo support arrays and structs in the
tables?

Kind regards,

Sahir

________________________________
Från: Jihoon Son <jihoonson@apache.org>
Skickat: den 29 mars 2016 09:51
Till: dev@tajo.apache.org; dev@hive.apache.org; Sahir Ahmed
Ämne: Re: Tajo - hive ORC issue

Gopal, thanks for your kind reply.

Sahir, as Hyunsik and Gopal said, it was a dependency problem and already fixed in Tajo trunk
and 0.11.2 branches.

I expect 0.11.2 will be released in next few weeks.
However, if you want to test before our release, you can build the source by yourself, or
simply download our nightly build version (https://builds.apache.org/job/Tajo-0.11.2-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/tajo-dist/target/).

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Regards,
Jihoon

2016? 3? 29? (?) ?? 2:29, Gopal Vijayaraghavan <gopalv@apache.org<mailto:gopalv@apache.org>>??
??:

>>Me and a collegue tried integrating tajo with hive which works fine on
>>some tables. But when trying to query a table with ORC as file type we
>>get following error message:
>>

>>ERROR: internal error:
>>org.apache.tajo.exception.UnknownDataFormatException: unknown data
>>format: 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io<http://org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io>.orc.OrcInputFormat'

You might want to check whether Tajo build you're on is using Facebook
DWRF fork or Apache ORC.

I'm guessing this is the boundary ticket -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-2102

Cheers,
Gopal