hive-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 2
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2016 01:04:33 GMT
I think we might need another RC. Found another issue with logging that could affect hive services.
When I ran “hive —service metastore” logging was not initialized. This can affect other
services as well.

Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-13032 for the same.

I am -1 on this RC (will take back my initial +1).

Thanks
Prasanth

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 2:40 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <sergey@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, that is expected as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1841
> Hence the improved message instead of 10000 lines of callstack ;)
>
> From: Xuefu Zhang <xzhang@cloudera.com<mailto:xzhang@cloudera.com>>
> Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:37
> To: "dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>" <dev@hive.apache.org<mailto:dev@hive.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 2
>
> Some trouble I met:
>
> 1. downloaded source and build Hive with -Pdist.
> 2. try to run Hive CLI and get the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Hive metastore database is not
initialized. Please use schematool (e.g. ./schematool -initSchema -dbType ...) to create the
schema. If needed, don't forget to include the option to auto-create the underlying database
in your JDBC connection string (e.g. ?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true for mysql)