hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 00:15:37 GMT
When I installed it locally and tried to run it I get the following failure:

Caused by: org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.exceptions.MissingTableException:
Required table missing : "VERSION" in Catalog "" Schema "". DataNucleus
requires this table to perform its persistence operations. Either your
MetaData is incorrect, or you need to enable
"datanucleus.schema.autoCreateTables"
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.table.AbstractTable.exists(AbstractTable.java:606)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder.performTablesValidation(RDBMSStoreManager.java:3365)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager$ClassAdder.run(RDBMSStoreManager.java:2877)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.AbstractSchemaTransaction.execute(AbstractSchemaTransaction.java:119)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.manageClasses(RDBMSStoreManager.java:1608)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.getDatastoreClass(RDBMSStoreManager.java:671)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.getPropertiesForGenerator(RDBMSStoreManager.java:2069)
     at
org.datanucleus.store.AbstractStoreManager.getStrategyValue(AbstractStoreManager.java:1271)
     at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.newObjectId(ExecutionContextImpl.java:3759)
     at
org.datanucleus.state.StateManagerImpl.setIdentity(StateManagerImpl.java:2267)
     at
org.datanucleus.state.StateManagerImpl.initialiseForPersistentNew(StateManagerImpl.java:484)
     at
org.datanucleus.state.StateManagerImpl.initialiseForPersistentNew(StateManagerImpl.java:120)
     at
org.datanucleus.state.ObjectProviderFactoryImpl.newForPersistentNew(ObjectProviderFactoryImpl.java:218)
     at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectInternal(ExecutionContextImpl.java:2078)
     at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObjectWork(ExecutionContextImpl.java:1922)
     at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextImpl.java:1777)
     at
org.datanucleus.ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.persistObject(ExecutionContextThreadedImpl.java:217)
     at
org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager.jdoMakePersistent(JDOPersistenceManager.java:715)
     ... 37 more

Did we change something that makes it not work out of the box?  If so,
have we documented that so that users aren't surprised by this?

Alan.