hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Shelukhin <ser...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Profiling the internal of Hive
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:15:42 GMT
For Tez containers, you can specify JVM args via hive.tez.java.opts config
setting, there’s probably a similar setting for MR. You can add the
profiler agent to this setting, there e.g. for Yourkit something like:
"-agentpath:/opt/yourkit/bin/linux-x86-64/libyjpagent.so=disablej2ee,disabl
etracing,dir=/tmp/ykdumps,sampling" or for JMC that is built in on some
versions of JVM something like "-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures
-XX:+FlightRecorder
-XX:FlightRecorderOptions=defaultrecording=true,dumponexit=true,dumponexitp
ath=/tmp/jmcdumps,disk=true,repository=/tmp/jmcdumps;”.
Then look at profiler dumps.