hive-dev mailing list archives

From Mohammad Islam <misla...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Schema evolution for parquet table
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 00:23:08 GMT

Any hive+parquet user/dev to address this?

Regards,
Mohammad

On Monday, October 5, 2015 3:41 PM, Mohammad Islam <mislam77@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
Does the parquet table support auto casting to wider data types? For example, If I have a
parquet table where some parquet data files which have "int"  as data type and other files
have "long" data type for the same field.

The table schema has type "bigint" for the same field.
Does hive can read the file that was written with type "int"?

I got this exception "Failed with exception java.io.IOException:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable cannot be cast to org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable".

Regards,
Mohammad