hive-dev mailing list archives

From Chaoyu Tang <>
Subject Re: Avro column type in Hive
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 00:38:43 GMT
Yes, when you described the avro table, what you get back was actually from
your avro schema instead of database table. The avro table is NOT
considered as a metastore backed SerDe. But that it has its columns
populated to DB (e.g. HIVE-6308
<>) is mainly for column
statistics purpose, which obviously is not applicable to your case which
has a type name > 100kb.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Sergey Shelukhin <>