hive-dev mailing list archives

From Chetna C <chetna....@gmail.com>
Subject Lowercase conversion at many places.
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 03:27:04 GMT
Hi All,
       I was going through hive codebase and noticed that, there are many
classes in which we are converting strings specially table and column
aliases or expressions in lowercase. Any particular reason behind this.
      Have raised a bug HIVE-11735 due to these conversions.I agree in
hive, table and column names are case insensitive. Do we need to follow the
same convention for intermediate tables too.
     Would appreciate any help around this.

Thanks,
Chetna Chaudhari