hive-dev mailing list archives

From Chetna C <chetna....@gmail.com>
Subject Run hive in debug mode
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 03:09:02 GMT
Hi All,
       I am new to hive community, and recently started going through code.
There are some points when I would like to see the execution flow by
enabling debug mode. I am not sure how to achieve this.
      The way I am doing is inside hive-cli I run
hive.server2.logging.operation.level=VERBOSE. But with above, log file
contains only INFO statements. I also tried compiling code with
-Djavac.debug=on, that didn't work for me.
      Please help if you know how to enable debug mode.

Thanks,
Chetna Chaudhari.