hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject windows line endings and git
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 17:17:37 GMT
After Dmitry checked in HIVE-11536 and I fetched and merged, I had
issues in my git repository with line endings.  It insisted on modifying
the files without me so much as opening the files, and would not let me
switch branches until I dealt with it.  I think it automatically changed
the windows ending to the unix ending when I did the merge in from
Apache.  I solved this by committing the changes and pushing that back
upstream.  I assumed this would work as when I've checked in patches
from Dmitry before the right thing seems to happen.  Please let me know
if I've messed something up for others.

But now to the core question.  Is there something I need to set in my
git config to be able to handle this?  Or is there something Dmitry
needs to set in his so that when he checks in it doesn't bork unix based
users?  I poked around github for information on windows based line
endings but it wasn't clear to me what I needed to do.

Alan.