hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Manjee, Sunile" <Sunile.Man...@Teradata.com>
Subject Hive column mapping to hbase
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 02:06:31 GMT

I would appreciate any assistance.

Hive forces me to predefine column mappings :  WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ('hbase.columns.mapping'
= ':key,columnfamily:july8-speed')

I need to create columns in hbase based on dates (which are values in my source) and append
some other field like measurement. This will then make up my column name i.e. July8-speed.
Predefining these seem senseless as I do not know which dates and/or measurements I will get
from source data.  Hive forces me to create a static mapping like I have shown above.

Any assistance or insights would be appreciated.