hive-dev mailing list archives

From Barsha Giri <barshag...@gmail.com>
Subject Bug in select query
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:58:46 GMT
Dear Team,

I am using hive-0.13 of mapr distribution 1504.

I created a table called
"testselectquery" using the query

Create table testselectquery (col1 string, col2 string, col3 string, col4
string) row format delimited fields terminated by '|' stored as textfile;

Then I load data into the above table through a file. Then I fetched the
data from using select query in two ways:

hive> select * from testselectquery;
OK
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12

hive> select col1, col2 col3,col4 from testselectquery;
OK
1 2 4
5 6 8
9 10 12
The issue is that in second select query even I have not put  ',' beside
col2, then also the query is running successfully and giving values for
three columns. I believe it should fail in this situation.
--

Regards,
Barsha Giri