hive-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Friedrich <tfried...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Only a small subset of Hive UTs are executed when running mvn test
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 00:07:00 GMT
Hi, I am trying to run all the UTs on the master branch using the hadoop-2 profilemvn test -Phadoop-2
but it only runs 272 tests:
org.apache.hive:hive-accumulo-handler 23 org.apache.hive:hive-common  73 org.apache.hive:hive-contrib 6
org.apache.hive:hive-exec  168 org.apache.hive:hive-serde  2
All other tests are skipped. This seems to be related to HIVE-10941 where an additional option
to skip the Spark UTs was added. When I take out <exclude>%regex[${skip.spark.files}]</exclude>from
the exclude list of tests, all tests are executed again.
Did anyone else run into this as well or am I missing something in my test command? This seems
like a bug to me because HIVE-10477 mentions that by default the Spark tests should be included
and no additional spark profile needs to be set.
In addition, HIVE-10941 should also update the documentation to explain the use of the spark-test
profile. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HiveDeveloperFAQ#HiveDeveloperFAQ-Testing