hive-dev mailing list archives

From Divya Gehlot <gehlot.di...@hotmail.com>
Subject hive metastore in Apache Ambari
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 08:02:36 GMT
Hi,
I have set up HDP 2.1 on cloud through Apache Ambari.

When we set up configuration of hive in hive metastore in Apache Ambari  ,should the same
reflect in hive-site.xml
For instance I have created new MYSQL database through Apache Ambari UI .
But when I check the hive -site.xml I see this
<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
  <value>jdbc:derby:;databaseName=/var/lib/hive/metastore/metastore_db;create=true</value>
  <description>JDBC connect string for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
  <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
  <description>Driver class name for a JDBC metastore</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.hwi.war.file</name>
  <value>/usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.13.0.2.1.7.0-784.war</value>
  <description>This is the WAR file with the jsp content for Hive Web Interface</description>
</property>

</configuration>

My question is do we need to update the hive-site.xml to match up with Hive Metastore configuration

or it should automatically update the hive-site.xml (which did not happen in my case)

Please help in resolving this doubt.

Thanks,
Regards,
Divya