hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com>
Subject Re: Building Hive-0.14 is failing because artifact pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm-5.1.3-jhyde could not be resolved
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 15:15:54 GMT
Thanks Julian!
I talked to Alan at the Hadoop Summit on Tuesday and he agreed that dependencies for Apache
projects should be available via Maven Central (and shouldn't require trusting other repositories
like conjars).
This problem persists with the current Hive-1.2.0 release since it depends on Calcite-1.3.0-incubating
which in turn depends on artifacts like pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm-5.1.5-hyde , There
are also licensing issues that I am not completely sure of. For instance what is the license
for pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm ?
ThanksRavi