hive-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Freitas <bob.e.frei...@gmail.com>
Subject How to debug hive unit test in eclipse ?
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 19:02:11 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I recently needed to figure out how to do unit testing of Hive scripts, and
it turned out to be something of an adventure.  I had done some previous
work in this area but things have changed with MR2 and YARN, gee go
figure...

What I ended up doing was going through the Hive source code to figure out
how the dev team was doing the testing.  To help out people who come after
me, I put together an article and github repo

http://www.lopakalogic.com/articles/hadoop-articles/hive-testing/

With this I was able to step through my script, the Hadoop code, the Hive
code, it was pretty cool!

Hope it helps!