hive-dev mailing list archives

From Suraj Nayak <snay...@gmail.com>
Subject HCatStorer throws error while storing Pig int into HCat bigint column
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 16:00:01 GMT
Hi Hive/Pig Developers,

I had a question regarding storing integer data type of pig into bigint
data type column in HCat table.

When I try to run a pig script which stores int data into the bigint column
of hive it throws below error:

ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1115: Unsupported type: 10
in Pig's schema

Is there a reason why auto handling of this is not done? As all integers
fit into bigint data type.

Let me know if this auto handling is good to have and do not harm any other
implementation in hive or pig. I can create a JIRA and contribute a patch
for this.

--
Thanks
Suraj Nayak M