hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Preparation for Hive-1.2 release
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:44:48 GMT
Hi,

Coming from the Apache Hadoop community.

We made a recent release of 2.7.0 [1]. We are calling it not-yet-ready with one of the primary
intentions to get it vetted through downstream projects. We plan to release a 2.7.1 (or 2.7.2)
when it is considered stable enough for most of our users.

Can Hive move to 2.7.0, at least with the initial intention of testing/validation?

Thanks,
+Vinod

[1] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.7.0 Release http://markmail.org/thread/ytisa4w73ym4ee65

On Apr 21, 2015, at 8:33 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <khorgath@gmail.com<mailto:khorgath@gmail.com>>