hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we still support hadoop-1.2.x API (-Phadoop-1)?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:03:42 GMT
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Szehon Ho <szehon@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Yes, question is whether users want to run latest Hive version on Hadoop
> 1.x clusters.

But you ignored the more important question that I asked. Are you
personally willing to do the work to make sure that Hive works with Hadoop
1.x? There are five new jiras (HIVE-10430, 10431, 10442, 10443, 10444) because
trunk currently does not work with Hadoop 1.x and no one noticed.

Supporting Hadoop 1.x costs the Hive project a lot of work and provides
very little in return.

.. Owen