hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Pena <sergio.p...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: New HMS Upgrade tests on Jenkins
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 20:57:32 GMT
This sounds great. But the current HMS upgrade scripts tests cannot be used
for the precommit testing. These scripts use LXC to prepare different DB
environments in a single Amazon instance. Because HMS upgrade tests are run
quickly, then we can reuse the same instance to run different DB servers
(one per LXC container).

However, I like this idea of running the precommit tests on Mysql. If we
take advantage of the concurrency, then we might get tests results faster.

I'll take a look at the code, and see how we can improve it to use Mysql.