hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <alanfga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Propose reverting HIVE-10304 CLI deprecation message
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 06:44:50 GMT
To be clear I'm not saying I oppose deprecating it.  I am not sure
whether I do or not.  It's a major change and I want to make sure we
discuss it and understand if there's any work to do before removing it,
whether beeline supports everything CLI does, how it will impact users,
and how we want to communicate it to users, etc.

Thanks for understanding and being willing to pull this out while we
have the discussion.

Alan.