hive-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <pjayachand...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Do we still support hadoop-1.2.x API (-Phadoop-1)?
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 00:03:54 GMT
I recently filed 5 issues (HIVE-10430, 10431, 10442, 10443, 10444) related to build breakage
of hadoop-1. There could potentially be more breakage. Some patches were added to reduce the
number of file systems calls to improve performance but with supporting hadoop-1 we cannot
directly use such APIs. Also we are not enforcing hadoop-1 build checks in hive QA to make
sure every commit comes out clean on hadoop-1 and hadoop-2. I think it will be good if we
can focus only hadoop-2. Not only it will simplify development but also will reduce the shims
layer.

Thanks
Prasanth