hive-dev mailing list archives

From Gopal Vijayaraghavan <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:21:57 GMT

>From the release branch, I noticed that the hive-exec.jar now contains a
copy of guava-14 without any relocations.

The hive spark-client pom.xml adds guava as a lib jar instead of shading
it in.

That seems to be a great approach for guava compat issues across execution

Spark itself relocates guava-14 for compatibility with Hive-on-Spark(??).

Does any of the same compatibility issues occur when using a hive-exec.jar
containing guava-14 on MRv2 (which has guava-11 in the classpath)?

On 2/17/15, 3:14 PM, "Brock Noland" <> wrote:

>Apache Hive 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2 is available here:
>Maven artifacts are available here:
>Source tag for RC1 is at:
>My key is located here:
>Voting will conclude in 72 hours