hive-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hive 0.14
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:37:03 GMT
Œtrunk¹ is the SVN branch where current development is done.  It has not
been released yet.
In general, any JIRA ticked which has status ŒOpen¹ is work in progress
and does not represent a feature that has been completed/released.  Once a
JIRA is resolved, the changes will be available in the next scheduled
release.

If you want to try a patch before it¹s been released you have to build
Hive yourself.
See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStar
ted-BuildingHivefromSource

Specifically with respect to HIVE-9481: if you want to use it with an
already released version of Hive, you have to get the source code for that
version, back port the patch (which likely involves more than just running
the 'patch¹ command) and build the binaries yourself.

Eugene