hive-dev mailing list archives

From DU DU <will...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Hive Index without WITH DEFERRED REBUILD
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:44:34 GMT
Can we create Hive index without specifying "WITH DEFERRED REBUILD"? Right
now, it reports following errors.

CREATE INDEX table01_index ON TABLE table01 (column2)
AS 'COMPACT';
FAILED: Error in metadata: java.lang.RuntimeException: Please specify
deferred rebuild using " WITH DEFERRED REBUILD ".
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

According to the design here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/IndexDev>

"WITH DEFERRED REBUILD" is optional.

Is this a bug?

In addition, I found drop index never check metadata and log here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9638>

And issues of index in Hive 1.0.0 here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9639>

Can someone verify this and provide workaround?

Thanks,
Will