hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Shelukhin <>
Subject Re: setting up a branch for testing
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:28:49 GMT
Can you elaborate on how many machines are needed, minimum (is it 1+, just determined by the
throughput of QA runs that we want; or is there some fixed requirement too), and what is the
setup/process to make them work with HiveQA (in general so we'd know how we can provide machines)?

From: Szehon <>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: setting up a branch for testing

Yea but for precommit testing it would need a cluster setup that runs an instance of Ptest
server.  We only have spark branch setup for that other than trunk, we have one cluster running
spark and another running trunk.

Setup is doable (actually just need to setup master) but takes some steps, and physical machines.