hive-dev mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject 0.15 release
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:37:27 GMT
Hi,

Projects are instructed in the incubator that releases gain new users and
other attention. Additionally, as discussed in this forum I'd like to
increase the tempo of our release process[1].

As such, I plan on following this process:

1) Provide two weeks notice of branching
2) Provide two weeks to find issues on the branch and merging only blockers
3) Roll release candidates until a release vote passes

As such I plan on branching on 1/26/2015 and start rolling release
candidates on 2/9/2015.

Cheers,
Brock

1. Note I am not complaining as I did not help with releases until this
point.