hive-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Hive-0.14 is failing because artifact pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm-5.1.3-jhyde could not be resolved
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 01:13:37 GMT
Conjars (http://conjars.org/) has all of these libraries. Calciteā€™s pom uses it:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
	<checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <id>conjars</id>
      <name>Conjars</name>
      <url>http://conjars.org/repo</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

Julian

On Jan 6, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Ravi Prakash <ravihoo@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks!
> I'm still stuck on this issue. Hopefully people are back from their vacations and can
now reply. Resending.

>     On Monday, December 29, 2014 1:17 PM, Ravi Prakash <ravihoo@ymail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi folks!
> I'm still somewhat stuck on this issue. Could someone please guide me?
> I had to manually download these jars and put them into my ~/.m2/repository from http://repo.spring.io/libs-release/org/pentaho/pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm/5.1.3-jhyde/
. (When I configured this repository, maven somehow still didn't find the artifacts)
> I had to do this for the following artifacts:http://repo.spring.io/libs-release/org/pentaho/pentaho-aggdesigner/5.1.3-jhyde/pentaho-aggdesigner-5.1.3-jhyde.pomhttp://repo.spring.io/libs-release/net/hydromatic/linq4j/0.4/linq4j-0.4.jarhttp://repo.spring.io/libs-release/net/hydromatic/quidem/0.1.1/quidem-0.1.1.pom
> Consequently I was able to build hive, however I don't believe this is a kosher way of
producing production binaries, so I am still waiting to hear from you all. Is there another
trusted repository I can try which has these artifacts indexed?

https://github.com/apache/hive/releases/tag/release-0.14.0

> The command I use is: mvn install -DskipTests -Phadoop-2 -DcreateChecksum=true -Dtez.version=0.5.3
-Dcalcite.version=0.9.2-incubating

> The build fails for me with the following error:[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project
hive-exec: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.apache.hive:hive-exec:jar:0.14.0:
The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.pentaho:pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm:jar:5.1.3-jhyde,
net.hydromatic:linq4j:jar:0.4, net.hydromatic:quidem:jar:0.1.1: Could not find artifact org.pentaho:pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm:jar:5.1.3-jhyde
in nexus (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]

> This is a transitive dependency via the "calcite-0.9.2-incubating" artifact. Is there
a JIRA which someone can please point me to? It seems wrong that an artifact with version
"5.1.3-jhyde" is required to build Apache Hive, no disrespect to Julian. Am I missing something?