hive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Hive QA (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-9078) Hive should not submit second SparkTask while previous one has failed.[Spark Branch]
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 05:52:13 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9078?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14245837#comment-14245837
] 

Hive QA commented on HIVE-9078:
-------------------------------



{color:red}Overall{color}: -1 at least one tests failed

Here are the results of testing the latest attachment:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12687095/HIVE-9078.2-spark.patch

{color:red}ERROR:{color} -1 due to 6 failed/errored test(s), 7233 tests executed
*Failed tests:*
{noformat}
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestCliDriver.testCliDriver_sample_islocalmode_hook
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniTezCliDriver.testCliDriver_optimize_nullscan
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestMiniTezCliDriver.testCliDriver_vector_cast_constant
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestSparkCliDriver.testCliDriver_bucket_map_join_spark4
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestSparkCliDriver.testCliDriver_infer_bucket_sort_convert_join
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.TestSparkCliDriver.testCliDriver_mapjoin_hook
{noformat}

Test results: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-SPARK-Build/539/testReport
Console output: http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/jenkins/job/PreCommit-HIVE-SPARK-Build/539/console
Test logs: http://ec2-50-18-27-0.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-SPARK-Build-539/

Messages:
{noformat}
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.PrepPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ExecutionPhase
Executing org.apache.hive.ptest.execution.ReportingPhase
Tests exited with: TestsFailedException: 6 tests failed
{noformat}

This message is automatically generated.

ATTACHMENT ID: 12687095 - PreCommit-HIVE-SPARK-Build

> Hive should not submit second SparkTask while previous one has failed.[Spark Branch]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HIVE-9078
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9078
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: Spark
>            Reporter: Chengxiang Li
>            Assignee: Chengxiang Li
>              Labels: Spark-M4
>         Attachments: HIVE-9078.1-spark.patch, HIVE-9078.2-spark.patch
>
>
> {noformat}
> hive> select n_name, c_name from nation, customer where nation.n_nationkey = customer.c_nationkey
limit 10;
> Query ID = root_20141211135050_51e5ae15-49a3-4a46-826f-e27ee314ccb2
> Total jobs = 2
> Launching Job 1 out of 2
> In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
>   set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
> In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
>   set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
> In order to set a constant number of reducers:
>   set mapreduce.job.reduces=<number>
> Status: Failed
> Launching Job 2 out of 2
> In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
>   set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
> In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
>   set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
> In order to set a constant number of reducers:
>   set mapreduce.job.reduces=<number>
> Status: Failed
> OK
> Time taken: 68.53 seconds
> {noformat}
> 2 issue in the above CLI output.
> # For a query which would be translated into multi SparkTask, is previous SparkTask failed,
Hive should failed right away, the following SparkTask should not be submitted any more.
> # Print failed info in Hive console while query failed.
> The correct CLI output while query failed:
> {noformat}
> hive> select n_name, c_name from nation, customer where nation.n_nationkey = customer.c_nationkey
limit 10;
> Query ID = root_20141211142929_ddb7f205-8422-44b4-96bd-96a1c9291895
> Total jobs = 2
> Launching Job 1 out of 2
> In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
>   set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
> In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
>   set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
> In order to set a constant number of reducers:
>   set mapreduce.job.reduces=<number>
> Status: Failed
> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.spark.SparkTask
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message