hive-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject What's the status of AccessServer?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:21:57 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm looking for ways to expose Apache Phoenix [0] to a wider audience. One
potential way to do that is to follow in the Hive footsteps with a HS2
protocol-compatible service. I've done some prototyping along these lines
and see that it's quite feasible. Along the way I came across this proposal
for refactoring HS2 into the AccessServer [1].

What's the state of the AccessServer project? Is anyone working on it? Is
there a relationship between this effort and Calcite's Avatica [2]? The
system proposed in the AccessServer doc seems to fit nicely in line with
Calcite's objectives.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: http://phoenix.apache.org