hive-dev mailing list archives

From vic0777 <vic0...@163.com>
Subject Where is the base directory of a transaction table?
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 03:23:07 GMT
Hi All,

I know probably this should not post here. I posted it in the user maillist without any response,
so I moved it here. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am trying to use the new transaction feature in Hive-0.14. According to its document, every
transaction table have a base directory and one delta directory for each transaction in HDFS
for data storage. But I can not find the base directory under the datawarehouse directory
in HDFS, there is only delta directories. Even the initial data is stored in a delta directory.
Following is the commands I used.

create table test_txn (id int ,name string ) clustered by (id) into 2 buckets stored as orc
TBLPROPERTIES('transactional'='true');
insert into table test_txn select * from test_text;
update test_txn set name="liu" where id = 10;

P.S. I have configured the parameters required by the transaction feature:
  hive.support.concurrency,
  hive.enforce.bucketing,
  hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode,
  hive.txn.manager,
  hive.compactor.initiator.on
  hive.compactor.worker.threads.

Although I cannot find the base directory in HDFS, all SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE statements
works fine and the data in the table is correct. I am wondering where the base directory is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wantao