hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Kumar <ravi_ku...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Urgent help: Not able to connect to hiveserver2 through beeline remote client
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:23:38 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to connect hiveserver2 through beeline remote client. I followed following steps
but not able to connect through Remote Client with HiveServer2 TCP Transport Mode and SASL
Authentication

I followed following steps to run hive tests through beeline in authorization mode,

1.       I did required configuration change and started hiveserver2 in authorization mode.
I followed below document,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/SQL+Standard+Based+Hive+Authorization#SQLStandardBasedHiveAuthorization-Configuration

2.       I started the hiveserver  with following command,

hive --service hiveserver2  --hiveconf hive.security.authorization.enabled=true --hiveconf
hive.security.authenticator.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.SessionStateUserAuthenticator
--hiveconf hive.security.authorization.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.sqlstd.SQLStdHiveAuthorizerFactory
--hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=' '

3.       Server started successfully, I verified it in server log file.  As per document it
should be started in standard authorization mode.

After that I tried to connect using beeline steps mentioned at http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.5/bk_dataintegration/content/ch_using-hive-clients-examples.html

4.       When I run following command

beeline>  !connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000/default

it ask for username and password and after that it hangs. Some times in server log I found
Out Of Memory error.

                I am able to connect to hiveserver2 through beeline in embedded mode.
I tried to search  older conversation for similar issues. I found similar issues discussed
@ http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-user/201407.mbox/browser
But I there is no solution for this issue is mentioned till end.

Any pointer on this would be great help.

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.