hive-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propose to put JIRA traffic on separate hive list
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:00:00 GMT
+1 to only have JIRA creations on the dev list.

(I only just heard about Alan's proposal because... ironically... I am
not on the list. I joined once, and unsubscribed 18 hours later.)

I would like to be a "casual contributor" to Hive. I work on other
related projects, some of them in Apache, and would like to contribute
the occasional patch, and assist others working on Hive issues, so I'd
like to know what's going on in Hive that is in my areas of interest.
But I don't have the bandwidth to delete ~100 messages a day. I fear
that the current message volume is such that only professionals --
paid software developers who work full-time on Hive -- can keep up.

This proposal will help make Hive a more diverse and inclusive community.

Julian