hive-dev mailing list archives

From Rajat Venkatesh <>
Subject New Feature Request
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:17:27 GMT
Hello Hive Dev,
I filed a JIRA for a new feature in Hive - Table Copy. At Qubole, we've
noticed that many users want to convert data to one of the more efficient
data formats (for e.g. ORC) supported by Hive. Similarly, one of the
prereqs for having a good experience on Presto is to convert the data to
So we've tried to formalize the process of converting data to a more
efficient format.
We have a prototype that some of our users are trying out.

Please take a look at

We would love to get your feedback if such a feature is useful to the
larger Hive community.

Rajat Venkatesh | Engg Lead
Qubole Inc |