hive-dev mailing list archives

From "Rathish Alikkal Madathil -X (ralikkal - MINDTREE LIMITED at Cisco)" <ralik...@cisco.com>
Subject Need help - How to use Custom java object in Hive UDAF
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:13:38 GMT

Hi Team,

I am working on a hive - UDAF function in which I need to return a custom java object. Please
let me know how can I implement this.
Also please let me know if any additional information required.

Return object :-

MAP < <Text> , <Custom Java Object : Child>  >

Custom Java Object :-

class Child {
private Text chldName;
             private Text mgrName;
             private Text chldId;
             private ArrayList<Child> reportees = new ArrayList<Child>();

             Child(Text id, Text name) {
                    this.chldId = id;
                    this.chldName = name;
             }

             public void setChldName(Text chldName) {
                    this.chldName = chldName;
             }

             void add(Child chld) {
                    if (chld != null && !reportees.contains(chld)) {
                           reportees.add(chld);
                    }
             }

             public ArrayList<Child> getReportees() {
                    return reportees;
             }
}

Thanks,
Rathish A M

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/logo05.jpg]

Rathish Alikkal Madathil
Technical Lead
ralikkal@cisco.com
Phone: +91 80 4426 2963

Cisco Systems Limited

IN
Cisco.com<http://www.cisco.com>

[Think before you print.]Think before you print.

recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact
the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.
For corporate legal information go to: