hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vikram Dixit <vik...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Creation of branch 0.14
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:23:57 GMT
Folks,

In order to reduce the number of steps required and also have some sort of
control on the commit process, I am proposing the following:

1. I am going to monitor all issues marked as blockers on a nightly basis.
The list on the wiki is going to go away once I triage it for things like
exceptions, failures etc. and feature requests that were already accepted.

2. If a developer feels that an issue marked as blocker is not really one,
we can chat on the jira. Alternatively, please set the priority to blocker
if you want a jira to be fixed in 0.14 so that I can check on it and decide
the priority. If I think it is not a blocker, I will lower the priority
after discussing on the jira.

3. Jira is going to be a single source of truth.

4. Once the blocker list goes to 0, I am going to create an RC.

5. Patches for blocker jiras are going to need to be double committed to
both trunk and 0.14 by the one committing the jira.

I hope this will stream line this process without adding overhead of email
etc. I think this is the easier than having new tags or overloading other
fields in the jira.

Thanks
Vikram.

--