hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sushanth Sowmyan <khorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hive 0.13.1
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 21:34:15 GMT
Hi All,

A quick reminder - per the timeline discussed so far, the list of
jiras for inclusion in 0.13.1 RC0 freezes tomorrow (May 2nd) evening
at 6pm PDT. Please make sure you ask for inclusion or edit the wiki
with any further requests so that we can get this release done in a
timely manner.

Thanks,
-Sushanth

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <khorgath@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good question - I think that if the number of patches is small ( < ~20
> which I expect because this is a stabilization release soon after
> 0.13.0), I'd prefer to commit them myself, so that I can retain order
> of patch application and make sure they all apply cleanly. I'm also
> actually using this as an opportunity towards testing out an
> semi-automated script that reads the requested jiras to do this - I
> figure it's useful to test something like that out on a smaller
> release that'll make further releases easier.
>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Thejas Nair <thejas@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Sushanth,
>> How do you want to go about committing the patches into 0.13 branch ?
>> Will you be able to commit the requested patches into 0.13.1 yourself, or
>> do you want requestors to discuss it with you and then commit the patches
>> themselves (if the requestor is a committer).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Thejas
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Sushanth Sowmyan <khorgath@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Added.
>>>
>>> If others have difficulty editing( I can't figure out how to change editing
>>> privileges, but it seems to indicate that others can edit) the page, I'll
>>> accept replies to this thread as well and can add it in.

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+0.13.1+Release+tracking

>>> been
>>> any

of releasing an RC