hive-dev mailing list archives

From Prasanth Jayachandran <>
Subject Re: showing column stats
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 01:52:06 GMT
I have a basic patch which prints table level column stats.. I can put up the patch for it
today/tomorrow.. but for displaying partition level column stats we need to extend the “describe”
statement to support column names..
If you see the DDL describe partition does not accept column names.

I can create JIRAs for the following tasks
1) Showing column stats in describe table
2) Showing column stats in describe partition

If you would like to take up 2) please feel free to do so.

Prasanth Jayachandran