hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vaibhav Gumashta <vgumas...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HiveServer2 : Can we perform parallel operation one same statement object in JDBC connection ?
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 04:37:20 GMT
Surendra,

In HiveServer2, internally, the HiveStatement object keeps a reference to
the corresponding operation object it created to execute the query. If you
call another execute, it closes the previous operation, thus clearing the
operation handle. Check this line:
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/trunk/jdbc/src/java/org/apache/hive/jdbc/HiveStatement.java#L216
.

However, in HIVE-6472 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-6472>,
we've added support for a parallel cancel, which will let the user cancel a
long running job in another thread.

Thanks,
--Vaibhav

--