hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sunil N Kumar <suniln.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Hcatalog JMS Notification not working
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:49:26 GMT
Hi,
I am trying HCatalog Notification to integrate Hcatalog and Oozie workflow for my exploration
 and done configuration based on the Wiki page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HCatalog+Notification
) but nothing coming means no topic getting created  in the Active MQ. I am creating some
hive table and altering/adding partitions to the tbales bot no notification send to Active
MQ by Hcatlog. I have done following configuration in the hive-site.xml

<property>
        <name>hive.exec.scratchdir</name>
        <value>/var/lib/hadoop_data/hive/scratchdir</value>
        <description>Scratch space for Hive jobs</description>
</property>

<property>
        <name>hive.exec.local.scratchdir</name>
        <value>/var/lib/hadoop_data/hive/scratchdir</value>
        <description>Local scratch space for Hive jobs</description>
</property>

<property>
        <name>hive.metastore.schema.verification</name>
        <value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
        <name>hive.server2.enable.doAs</name>
        <value>false</value>
        <description>Setting this property to true will have hive server2 execute hive
operations as the user making the calls to it.</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.metastore.uris</name>
  <value>thrift://localhost:9083</value>
</property>

<property>
<name>hive.metastore.event.expiry.duration</name>
<value>300L</value>
<description>Duration after which events expire from events table (in seconds)</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>hive.metastore.event.clean.freq</name>
<value>360L</value>
<description>Frequency at which timer task runs to purge expired events in metastore
(in seconds).</description>
</property>

<property>
<name>msgbus.brokerurl</name>
<value>tcp://localhost:61616</value>
<description></description>
</property>

<property>
<name>msgbus.username</name>
<value></value>
<description></description>
</property>

<property>
<name>msgbus.password</name>
<value></value>
<description></description>
</property>

Please let me know if am missing anything??

Thanks and Regard.
Sunil Kumar

or interference.