hive-dev mailing list archives

From Remus Rusanu <>
Subject hive script when invoked through a link
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 09:21:51 GMT
I tried making /usr/bin/hive a link to /usr/lib/hive-0.14/bin/hive . But the launch fails because:

bin=`dirname "$0"`
bin=`cd "$bin"; pwd`

. "$bin"/

So I used a readlink -f first, to locate the proper script home, and then it works fine.
My question is: is this kind of problem something we track and open a JIRA about, or is this
kind of issue left as something for the packagers/distributors to worry about and fix (given
that the distributions vary wildly from the pure trunk build package artifact)?