hive-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Butani <hbut...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Timeline for the Hive 0.13 release?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 19:55:25 GMT
Yes sure. I am fine with porting over HIVE-5317 and dependents.
Besides, couldn't handle 104 angry fans (uh watchers)  :)

Let’s follow this procedure: if you have features that should go into branch-0.13 please
post a message here, give the community a chance to voice their opinions.

regards,
Harish.

On Mar 4, 2014, at 8:03 AM, Alan Gates <gates@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Sure.  I’d really like to get the work related to HIVE-5317 in 0.13.  HIVE-5843 is
patch available and hopefully can be checked in today.  There are several more that depend
on that one and can’t be made patch available until then (HIVE-6060, HIVE-6319, HIVE-6460,
and HIVE-5687).  I don’t want to hold up the branching, but are you ok with those going
in after the branch?

> Alan.
>
> On Mar 3, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Harish Butani <hbutani@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> I plan to create the branch 5pm PST tomorrow.
>> Ok with everybody?
>>
>> regards,
>> Harish.
>>
>> On Feb 21, 2014, at 5:44 PM, Lefty Leverenz <leftyleverenz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That's appropriate -- let the Hive release march forth on March 4th.
>>>

>>> -- Lefty

Friday

for 0.13.0 patches in

it off to a