hive-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Gierach <k...@sourcethought.com>
Subject HCATALOG-641 : redo the patch and commit?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2014 18:27:49 GMT
We are also affected by HCATALOG-641, which notes that the user is currently prevented from
specifying a Serde when creating a table.

It appears a patch was submitted almost 1 year back, however not committed.  The issue is
currently unresolved, and I don’t have permission to comment on the issue in JIRA.

Can a committer edit the patch and commit it to the trunk, and other relevant branches?  We
are willing to help re-do that patch for the current trunk, etc. if it would help to get this
change merged in.

Regards,
Karl Gierach