hive-dev mailing list archives

From Lefty Leverenz <leftylever...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Remove phabricator instructions from hive-development guide (wiki), officially only support Apache's review board.
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 21:32:00 GMT
The wiki still has Phabricator information, with nothing about Apache's
review board.

How to Contribute:  Review
Process<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute#HowToContribute-ReviewProcess>

See Phabricator<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/PhabricatorCodeReview>
for
> instructions.
>
>    - Use Hadoop's code review checklist<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/CodeReviewChecklist>
as
>    a rough guide when doing reviews.
>

>    - In JIRA, use 'Submit Patch' to get your review request into the
>    queue.
>

>    - If a committer requests changes, set the issue status to 'Resume
>    Progress', then once you're ready, submit an updated patch with necessary
>    fixes and then request another round of review with 'Submit Patch' again.
>

>    - Once your patch is accepted, be sure to upload a final version which
>    grants rights to the ASF.

Would someone please update this section with the appropriate link to
review board instructions?  I'm a review board newbie (or wanna-be) but
can't even get registration to work so I won't volunteer.  Should the link
go to http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.7/?

-- Lefty