hive-dev mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <>
Subject Re: Hive CBO - Branch Request
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 01:41:35 GMT

Do you have an Apache ID? (I don't see you here Without an Apache ID I am
not sure how we'd give you access to commit the branch.

More importantly I don't think we have any provision for "branch committer"
in the Hive ByLaws (
or really any provisions for branches at all. We have talked about adding a
branch merge provision but that has not occurred at present.

As a side note, Hadoop did recently change their bylaws to include the
concept of a "branch committer".

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM, John Pullokkaran <> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am working on CBO for Hive
> (HIVE-5775<>
> ).
> In order to make code integration easier i would like to do this work on a
> separate branch which can be brought into trunk once code is stable and
> reviewed.
> It would also be easier if i could commit in to this branch without having
> to wait for a committer.
> Thanks
> John
> --

Apache MRUnit - Unit testing MapReduce -